TELEPSYCHIATRY IN OREGON
At Genoa Telepsychiatry, we increase access to behavioral healthcare across the U.S. by building telepsychiatry programs that connect patients with psychiatrists & advanced psychiatric nurse practitioners remotely. As the nation’s leading provider of outpatient telepsychiatry services, we hire, train, and integrate psychiatric providers across a range of specialties into Community Mental Health Centers, Federally Qualified Health Centers, primary care groups, substance use treatment facilities, and other organizations that treat underserved communities.
GENOA TELEPSYCHIATRY IN OREGON
Currently, we have telepsychiatry programs with 7 agencies in Oregon. Here are the organizations we are currently serving:
Who can be a telepsychiatrist for my clinic?
Psychiatrists & APRNs: Any psychiatrist (MD/DO) or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) with a state license in Oregon can provide care via telepsychiatry.
How does reimbursement work for telepsychiatry in Oregon?
Each telepsychiatry session generates two billable codes:
- The standard CPT codes for outpatient, psychiatric services.
- An originating site facility fee (Q3014) that allows clinics to receive reimbursement for the use of the facility where telehealth services are rendered.
During the COVID public emergency, there is no restriction on the location of the client receiving service whether in the clinic, at their residence, or out in the community.
During the COVID public emergency, clinics billing for telehealth no longer need to be in a HPSA (Health Provider Shortage Area).
There are two billing options for FQHC's considering telepsychiatry:
- FQHCs can bill $92 per session as an encounter fee when the client is remote.
- FQHCs can bill $65 per session as a facility fee (4012) to cover onsite administrative costs when the client is on site.
What tech does my clinic need?
Setting up telepsychiatry at your clinic is simple. The set up will require:
- A two-way video telecommunication system that allows for real-time communication between the provider and patient
- HIPAA-compliant video conferencing technology
UTILIZATION & PROGRAM SUSTAINABILITY
Utilization is the percentage of a telepsychiatrist’s time that is spent on reimbursable patient care. Tracking this number helps clinics understand the financial sustainability of telepsychiatry for their organization.
Download our Utilization Best Practices to learn more about how to ensure telepsychiatry is financially sustainable for your clinic.
READY TO GET STARTED?
Get in touch with Kelly Mack on our Clinic Partnerships team to learn more about telepsychiatry in Oregon